Kendall Skin Doctor
Skin Care Treatments in Miami
Winter Skin Tips
In the most wonderful time of the year, filled with snow, cold weather, sweaters, and scarves, we are cheerful and celebrating the holidays to come. What many of us don’t celebrate is the damage that is done to our skin during the winter time. Because the weather is so cold, our skin becomes dry and rough and slowly damaged. We all have different skin that reacts differently to weather and sensitivity. It’s important, no matter what type of skin you have, to prepare your skin for the havoc it does to your skin.
Here are some great tips by Kendall Skin Doctor to survive the winter:
- The most important tip is to moisturize. After washing your face, it is important that you apply a moisturizer immediately. Moisturizers help the external layer of your skin stay hydrated and lubricated as well as help protect against dryness.
- Exfoliation is also an important part of preserving your skin in the winter. Using a gentle exfoliator to counter-act build up the dry cells. Avoid any hard scrubs that can cause irritation or inflammation.
- Though it is cold, the sun’s UV rays are still very harsh to your skin. Protecting your skin from the suns damage with sunscreen can prevent more dryness and discoloration of the skin.
- Drinking plenty of water will not only hydrate you internally but externally as well. Eat lots of food that is high in omega-3 fatty acids to increase hydration and healthy cell activity. Drinking less caffeine and alcohol that can do only harm to your body.
- Getting a significant amount of sleep is very important for not only your skin but also your immune system. Lack of sleep can lead to dark circles under your eyes and more!
- Take shorter showers. We all love to soak in hot water and relax in the shower, but during the winter, hot water can take away the moisture from your skin. Without moisture, your skin becomes dry. Dry skin in the winter can be easily damaged.
Winter is the time for snow, Christmas, New Years, and sweaters! It is also a time for skin damages. By following our Kendall Skin Doctor tips, you will be able to avoid the damage that can be done to your skin.