Skin Care Center Miami
Cosmetic Dermatologist in Pinecrest
Side Effects of Makeup
For many years, the use of makeup has increased and is now used by almost every woman. For the past few years there have been rumors that makeup can damage your skin or makeup causes acne. Though no one knows if those are true, there are many ways makeup has side effects.
Skin Care Center Miami lists a few side effects of makeup are:
- Allergies – The types of allergies that can be caused by makeup are skin, breathing, eating, and hair allergies. For skin allergies, a specific lotion, moisturizer, or foundation can cause allergies. Breathing allergies are caused by the intake of cosmetics by mistake through the nasal passage. For many with sensitive skin, research the ingredients in your makeup.
- Skin Diseases – Skin cancer and skin discoloration are effects that can happen from makeup with specific harmful ingredients.
- Eye Irritation – Specific eye makeup, such as eye shadow, mascara, and eyeliner, can harm the eyes significantly. If you wear contact lenses you are capable of damaging your eyes more than others. The makeup can thin your eyelashes and cause eye infections. Mascara can cause blindness, since it contains psuedomonas aeruginosa, a harmful therapy bacteria.
- Ageing – Using makeup and specific moisturizes can do major damage to your skin, and if prolonged, can cause wrinkles and other forms of ageing. Make sure to do your research on the choice of makeup you have or want to better understand the product.
- Headaches– After applying makeup for a long period of time, many women have felt nausea, dizziness, and tired. It has been found that many cosmetics contain ingredients that can cause unconsciousness if exposed to humans in large amounts.
- Clogged Pores – Wearing foundations and powders can cause your pores to become clogged and can aggravate your skin, causing redness. Avoid oil makeup and use non-acnegenic makeup.
- Itching – Many ingredients in makeup can cause your skin to become itchy and cause to scratch. If you have sensitive skin, you are more likely to become itchy from makeup.
- Skin Discoloration – This can be caused my specific lotions, creams, or sun blocks.
Skin Care Center Miami highly recommends to do your research on any makeup products you plan to use. If you have sensitive skin, look for a specific brand of makeup that won’t irritate your skin.