What is a facial?
A facial is one of the best ways to take care of your skin, especially when it’s given by an experienced, knowledgeable esthetician. A facial cleans, exfoliates leaving your skin silky smooth, hydrated and full of the healthy, youthful glow that we all desire. A smooth, relaxing facial guaranteed to have you feeling new and improved.
- A special formulation created to sustain skin rejuvenation while diminishing lines, Sun damage and discoloration.
- Get rid of ingrown hairs, clogged pores, blackheads, acne and keeps them from returning. Repairs damaged tissues and improves skin’s condition with soothing, hydrating and healing effects. Commonly used on patients who suffer from Rosacea.
- Vitamin C is acknowledged to be an essential nutrient for achieving smoother, firmer & youthful skin. Levulan Treatments are used for Actinic Keratosis (Pre-Cancer)
The Basic Steps of a Facial
- Consultation. A facial should begin with a consultation. The esthetician may have you fill out a form that has questions about your skin concerns, your diet, how much water you drink, drugs and supplements you take, and products you are currently using. This can affect your skin and what kind of treatments she recommends.
- Cleansing. After wrapping your hair with a towel or headband, the esthetician begins a facial with a thorough cleansing, using cotton pads, esthetician wipes or sponges.
- Skin Analysis. The esthetician covers your eyes and looks at your skin through a brightly lit magnifying lamp. He or she is determining your basic skin type (dry, oily, combination, sensitive or normal) and skin conditions (acne, blackheads, whiteheads, aging, sun-damage, dehydration, etc.) The esthetician then chooses the appropriate products and treatments, and consults with you about what he or she sees and recommends.
- Steam. Most facials use a machine that directs a thin vapor of warm steam to your face. This is relaxing and helps softens up any blackheads and whiteheads to be extracted. If you have very sensitive skin, the esthetician may not use steam.