What to Do After a Juvederm Treatment?
Juvederm Dermatologist Miami
Skin Doctor in Pinecrest
What to do after a Juvederm treatment?
Juvederm is an injectable gel. It is a colorless hyaluronic acid gel that is injected into facial tissue to smooth wrinkles and folds, especially around the nose and mouth.
- JUVÉDERM Ultra injectable gel temporarily adds volume to facial tissue and restores a smoother appearance to the face.
- JUVÉDERM XC is the smooth gel filler that your doctor uses to instantly smooth away wrinkles around your mouth and nose. With just one treatment, you’ll get smooth and natural-looking results that last up to a year.
- JUVÉDERM XC is manufactured using HYLACROSS technology, creating a smooth-consistency gel. It is infused with lidocaine to improve comfort during treatment. With JUVÉDERM XC you get the smooth results you expect, with the improved comfort you want.
After having this procedure done, you must take some steps for appropriate after care.
Your pre and post treatment is extremely important for this procedure and can effect it significantly. You must make sure to always follow the directions Juvederm Dermatologist Miami gives you.
After having the procedure, avoid these for the next 24 hours:
- Strenuous exercise – Keep your heart rate under 100.
- Drinking alcoholic beverages
- Long exposure to sun or heat – Wait until swelling or redness has resolved.
- Avoid squeezing or massaging the treated area – This can change your results.
- Use a proper amount of sunscreen
- Do not take Aspirin, Exedrin, Ibuprofen, Aleve or Advil for 2 days after treatment. Tylenol is the only form acceptable.
- Since filler procedures take a few days to kick in, planning social events after the procedure is not recommended. Plan about a week after your procedure.
By avoiding the above, you are following the appropriate care for your Juvederm procedure. Juvederm Dermatologist Miami offers the best Juvederm services and will give you the proper instructions for pre and post care for your procedure.