Pinecrest Skin Doctor
Healthy Skin Doctor
You have probably heard the term “beauty sleep” before and thought that it didn’t exist or make a difference. BUT that is not true! After many studies, it has been proven that sleep has an extreme impact on the health and quality of your skin. Don’t believe us? Ask Dr. Longwill, the Pinecrest Skin Doctor today by making an appointment to find out if your sleep is sufficient enough for your skin.
What happens to your skin when you don’t get enough sleep?
- When you don’t get enough sleep, the aging process accelerates.Instead of helping damaged cells become repaired, lack of sleep causes small breakdowns to result in more noticeable signs of aging.
- If you have a specific skin condition, lack of sleep can increase inflammatory responses that show up on your skin as acne breakouts, skin sensitivity, and other severe conditions.
- With lack of sleep, your skin is deprived of glow, bounce, and translucency due to the fact that the breakdown of collagen is not happening.
Why is sleep important?
As you sleep, your skin is working to renew and rejuvenate itself by growing new skin cells and replacing the older cells. At the Miami Center for Dermatology, we urge all of our patients to make sure they get the proper amount of sleep that they need in order to have beautiful and glowing skin.
The Pinecrest Skin Doctor recommends the following tips for the best beauty rest:
- Get into a sleeping routine by going to bed and waking up at the same time every day.
- Sleep on your back because stomach sleeping presses your face into the pillow to fine lines and creases when you wake up.
- Use a soft pillow cover.
- Use a before-bed beauty regimen: Check out the Pinecrest Skin Doctor’s nighttime skin care for the best results. Click here to view!